Toronto Bird & Animal Control
Hawkeye services your local Toronto neighbourhood. Toronto is a thriving metropolis with a downtown core of corporate offices and high rise condos, neighbourhoods with older homes and grown up trees and a beautiful waterfront. With a population of 6 million and unique makeup of landscape, it is no surprise that it is home hundreds of thousands of birds, animals and wildlife. Home to many attractions like the Rogers Center where the Blue Jays play, Air Canada Center, home of the Maple Leafs, CN Tower, Casaloma, Harbourfront Center and the Ripley’s Aquarium. Billy Bishop Airport is located on one of Toronto’s Islands right on Lake Ontario adjacent to the Leslie Street Spit, a magnificent bird watching spectacle within Tommy Thompson park due to the significant number of migratory birds that stop over each year. Toronto is not just a mix of concrete and high rises, but also has a significant number of parks and green space including Allen Gardens, Trinity Bellwoods Park, Sunnybrook Park, High Park, Bluffs and so many more.
Neighbourhoods with Specific Problems
Yonge and Eglinton
- With a concentrated area of tall buildings, pigeons are amongst the biggest complaint
- Surrounding this area are lovely older homes, backyard sheds and tall trees which attract raccoons, skunks and squirrels
Sunnybrook / Bridle Path
- This is a migratory path for a number of birds, specifically starlings. Starlings are attracted to large forested growth, trees with heavy canopies
Leslie Street Spit / Tommy Thompson Park
- Although a famous bird watching park for thousands of migratory birds, a truly unique area of Toronto, this area is also plagued with pest birds like gulls, cormorants, pigeons, geese
Little India, Gerrard Street
- Little India has a lot of older retail stores which attracts a large pigeon population to rooftops, window a/c units, building ledges and signage
- There is ample food which makes them hard to eradicate
Waterfront (Harbour Front)
- Toronto’s waterfront is a mix of parks, industry and marina’s. Canadian geese love these areas along with gulls (seagulls)
- With large retail area found in older buildings along the Danforth, pigeons and other pest birds are attracted to storefront signage and ledges
- The Beaches area of Toronto has a wide variety of pest animals, birds and wildlife
- Coyotes continue to find food sources in this area with food left out for other animals and attacks have been reported on small dogs
- With older homes and grown up tree areas, raccoons, skunks and squirrels are also commonly found within this area
- Over growth of trees brings a large population of squirrels
Markham / North Toronto
- This area of the city has a lot of flat roof style homes, larger backyards, sheds and buildings, the perfect nesting grounds for gulls
West Toronto / Etobicoke
- In Etobicoke we see a lot of older neighbourhoods, homes and grown up trees. Like any area with this make-up, Raccoons, Skunks and Squirrels are the most common pest animals
- Bird strikes
- Airplanes and airports are in danger of bird strikes due to the high number of flat roofs on buildings and industrial environment, attracting gulls (seagulls) and other pest birds. Bird strikes can result in significant plane damage and sometimes fatal situations
These are just a few of the common pests you may find in your Toronto neighbourhood. Our specialists are available for all your Bird and Animal control needs. We provide residential, commercial and industrial services. Whether it’s a raccoon under your deck in Cabbagetown or pigeons nesting on your office building in the financial district, Hawkeye has you covered.
At Hawkeye we use multiple tactics to permanently and humanely resolve your problem. Under the licences that Hawkeye possesses, we can remove pest bird or animals from your location and humanely euthanize if necessary, a distinct difference in licencing permits that Hawkeye holds compared to many other animal control companies. Check out our animal or bird specific navigation on our website to find more about your pest or give us a call to book a free consultation to investigate the problem for you.
We service every Toronto neighbourhood Yonge and Eglinton – Willowdale – Sunnybrook/Bridlepath – Leslie Street Spit/Tommy Thompson Park –Cabbagetown – Corktown – Distillery District– Little India, Gerrard St. – Waterfront/Harbour Front – Danforth–Beaches – The Annex – Rosedale – Leaside – Mimico - Yorkville - Markham – North Toronto – West Toronto –Etobicoke – East York – North York and more...