Pest Animal Wildlife Control Solutions
In contrast to almost all other Ontario animal/pest control companies/operators, HAWKEYE's permit/license under The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act (MNR) as a licensed furbearer trapper, uniquely qualifies HAWKEYE as a company to:
- Remove captured pest animal(s) from your property
- Humanely destroy the captured pest animal(s) if absolutely necessary
- Harvest & sell the hide and parts to approved fur managers
- Use rubberized body gripping animal traps (live or humanely dispatched) - Or animal traps that result in live release or humanely dispatched animal(s)
- You will achieve full and final control of your area
- This license provides additional methods and techniques whereas an animal that has been previously trapped by a NON licensed trapper becomes trap shy towards a certain style of trap
This web site has been designed to help you identify the problem animal and make informed decisions about appropriate solutions. And it doesn't end here; we offer a variety of information for prevention and maintenance.
Animal Trapping under special license from the Province of Ontario »
Using a humane trap for the purpose of capturing and releasing a live animal. This trap must be inspected daily and contain sufficient food, water, and shelter from the elements.
Physical Animal Capture »
Usually performed with a catch pole, stun gun or chemical disabling system.
A licensed activity which may only be performed where police and regional authorities have been notified and valid license has been produced.
Unlicensed, the animal may be moved no more than 1.5 km from trapped location. The location is determined by where the trap was set, not according to political boundary lines.
Exclusion/Proofing your home »
Entails restricting access to raccoons, squirrels, skunks, chipmunks, and other small animals into buildings and other areas. Securing possible entries such as chimneys, air intakes, water towers, etc. by installing heavy duty gage galvanized metal wire mesh (hardware cloth) and/or replacing original matching materials. Also, installing electric fence is an option.