Shooting in sensitive (urban) environments is difficult and highly restricted. Both, skill and equipment play a large role in ensuring accuracy and safety when discharging firearms in populated areas.
Hawkeye's Dan Frankian continues to build on previous military training by completing and sometimes teaching courses. In 2019 he became a NWCO (National Wildlife Control Operators Association) Certified Urban Marksman. Course and test components consisted of
- Safety, Equipment, and Shooting Basics
- Trajectories, Anatomy and Shot placement
- Range – 100 yard zero (50 yds for rimfire) and personal firearm evaluation
- Range – Verify trajectories, short-range rapid target acquisition
- Short-range rapid target acquisition practice
This two day course alternates between classroom instruction and time at the shooting range, shooting at 1- inch targets from varying distances with both a timer running and an instructor calling out different targets.