Raccoon Control & Removal Hamilton
The need for Raccoon Control and Raccoon Removal seems to be ever increasing in the Hamilton area. Of course, that comes as no surprise with Hamilton's outbreaks of raccoon rabies in recent years.
DO NOT attempt to deal with raccoon control on your own - call our trained and experienced wildlife removal specialists at 416.429.5393.
Hamilton, with its abundance of nature trails and wooded areas, is a major hotspot for raccoons in Southern Ontario. And, while raccoons are mostly seen as a nuisance in other urban centers, the recurring reports of raccoons testing positive for rabies opens up a whole other area of concerns for Hamilton residents and business owners. Make no mistake, this strand of rabies is transmittable to both humans and pets, and may contaminate products in food production.
If you have even the slightest concern or suspicion about a raccoon, please do NOT approach. Contact Hawkeye's Raccoon Removal Specialists - let us deal with the situation SAFELY.
Once a raccoon (single or family) has entered your home or commercial building, there are several options of trapping and removal. The priority is to trap ALL animals - to not leave any babies behind. The damage to premises can be greatly multiplied by a raccoon trapped inside, or by a female frantic to get back to her kits. In some cases, hand capture is necessary. Again, please don't try to do this on your own - call a wildlife control specialist.
After that, we'll need to focus on determining how and where raccoons were able to enter and make necessary repairs to prevent re-entry. We'll also look at nearby structures, trees, food sources, etc... The less attractive and accessible to raccoons we can make your property - the better off you'll be.
RACCOON CONTROL BY PREVENTING ACCESS TO SHELTER
Shelter-related raccoon conflicts occur in buildings occupied or otherwise in use (e.g., storage) by humans. The primary preventive actions are closing of doors, windows, and open vents, particularly at night, capping of chimneys, and covering other potential access openings with strong materials such as wire mesh, wood, concrete, or sheet metal. The area under decks and other structures may also be used by a determined raccoon.
Before any opening is closed off or any chimney is capped check to see that all raccoons have moved out, especially between March and July when there may be young present.
Systematically block any gaps that lead to porches, patios and sheds. It is also preferable to block access to all areas that might be used by the raccoons as a toilet or latrine such as: gardening patches, compost containers, flower beds and out door play areas such as sandboxes.
- Prevent raccoon access to chimneys or external fireplace outlets by securely fastening a commercial cap of sheet metal and heavy screen over the top of the chimney. This device, which is available in stores, should be made from heavy material and securely fastened to prevent raccoons from removing or breaking it;
- Check that the eaves, roof and overlay are in good condition for blocking access to your attic Raccoons can rip shingles, soffit and fascia off and chew holes in buildings;
- Remove unused TV towers and inspect any trees located around a home. Any overhanging branches that might allow access to a roof should be trimmed back;
- Check for signs (claw marks or other damage) of any attempts to access the roof or gutter via the corners of the building. If this is the case, wrapping the corners of buildings with 1 m x 1 m squares of smooth material will prevent raccoons from being able to get a toehold for climbing.
- Ensure all ventilation holes are secured using heavy, rustproof screening to cover open-air vents to prevent any incursions.
RACCOON REMOVAL BY HAWKEYE
Hawkeye is the ONLY pest bird and animal/wildlife control company in Canada designated "Certified Wildlife Control Professional" AND holding the following licenses:
Trapping of Fur Bearing Animals Permit: In contrast to all other companies, we can euthanize the bird or fur bearing animal, thus guaranteeing it will not return.
Falconry Permit: We use Birds of Prey (hawks, owls, falcons, eagles) to scare, chase, or remove in a natural and humane way.
Pest Control License: We can employ chemical solutions to certain problems. These methods include natural pesticides.
We GUARANTEE results. We offer PERMANENT solutions above and beyond what other companies can offer.
Page Summary: Humane Raccoon Control & Removal in Hamilton, Ontario. We GUARANTEE results.